April 30, 2010

Tomorrow: another grand geek holiday approaches!

Ahh, it's that time of year again.

Free Comic Book Day 2010, banner

Last year was my first Free Comic Book Day. That was also the year the second official FCBD Minimate came out, which might very well explain how I wound up taking part in that one. (The first one came out way back in 2005.)

FCBD 2009 Minimate
My COMPLETELY FREE!!! haul from that year wasn't too shabby at all.

My FCBD 2009 haul
And of course I did manage to succeed in getting my squee-riffic quarry that year... however I wasn't completely absolved from blowing a whole wad of cash that day.

My FCBD 2009 Minimate haul
I'd certainly like to have at go at attending Free Comic Book Day again, never mind that there's no free Minimate giveaway for this year. The downloads page from the official site have been an unexpected joy to browse through.

FCBD 2010, Sergio Aragon├ęs promotional art
Official art by the kick-ass Sergio Aragon├ęs. Because history is best told through fun comic doodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment