May 31, 2010

Russians are weird.

(via TV Tropes and my buddy Abdul)

No, no, don't worry. This isn't a blatant rip-off of a certain gamer webcomic print collection cover at all.



Anyway, this isn't me expanding into a new culturally insensitive blogger niche. This is just me paying homage to the universal power of humor: The Russian Edition!



Растительные уотч (Vegetable Watch?)As improbable as it sounds, this is a photocomic parody of Sergei Lukyanenko's Night Watch series. Now, granted, I've had very minimal exposure to Russian anything, with the exception maybe of all that Chekhov stuff I had to read for school, that copy of Brothers Karamazov currently ballasting my desk, and Pushkin's short story "The Queen Of Spades" which I have an unhealthy obsession with.


The Russian Terminator ProjectMy friend Abdul stumbled on this almost a year ago, but this is a a fun little photo skit on a Russian toy hobbyists' thread about why I now consider the 1/6 scale one of the most pernicious gateway lines there is.


What.

(In short, never underestimate the eccentricity of anime.)

No comments:

Post a Comment