March 3, 2011

Bring me my tin foil parachute pants.

For some demented reason, that sci-fi news website I frequent way too often took this opportunity to post about some epically ridiculous boy band music video that just happened to have some sci-fi in it.

It's cheesy as hell, as expected. Though it seems to be trying way too hard to be all serious and stuff. Or is that just the natural British stuffiness kicking in? And what musical troupe of ostensibly good-looking grown men would release a single titled "Kidz"? Who?!

Although I do quite like the style of that guy with the smoking jacket, Evil Goatee and gratuitous steampunk eyewear.

Do not trust me.
I must admit that Take That was never really my era, though I did love me some Robbie Williams. (Not that way.)


Robbie Williams IS the Rock DJ.
Definitely not that way.
Where was I? Oh, yes. Equally ludicrous sci-fi-inspired music video concepts by boy bands I actually remember.

Two words. Starts with "b". Rhymes with "Ackstreet Oys."

AJ by way of Borg Joey
Somehow whenever I see that one scene I keep imagining Joey from Friends in the Lost In Space movie. If he had been assimilated by the Borg.

That hysterical moment two days ago when Mom and I were singing along to "Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely" in the car did not help matters.

What is the meaning of being lonely? SHOW ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment