February 1, 2012

Today in Flickr groups: Little Boxes

Remember the last post I made about esoterically-themed Flickr groups? Turns out the eraser-collecting scene had gotten more insane than I ever imagined. The biggest tip-off for me came mostly when I started seeing them in real toy shops. For this we have the good people at Iwako to thank, because why rub out your pencil mistakes with nondescript gray slabs when you can do it with pieces of rubber shaped like hamsters?

I wasn't kidding.

Going back to the subject of Flickr groups, one of my favorite online pick-me-ups is the Little Treasures Flickr pool. I freely admitted that I am a bit of a Flickr lurker ages ago, but this is getting out of hand.

Little Treasures Flickr pool

While I have an unabashed appreciation for small toys in general, I have more of a love-hate relationship with the art of displaying/storing them. Much of my frustration may stem from printer's trays being awfully hard to find, but then I have yet to take up antiquing as a phase.

The Beginning Of The End

An even bigger issue for me is my perennial lack of storage space, which is not bound to get better anytime soon thanks to my fleeting passionate hobby complex and the law of conservation of mass. I might stand a slightly better chance of justifying this if I had actual photography skills, though it seems colorful objects and camera only occasionally get along whenever I'm working with them.

The End Of The Beginning Of The End
If you think this looks bad, wait until you see it now.

On the other hand, I guess my fiction-writing skills could use some exercise...

No comments:

Post a Comment